Date: 10/6/17 4:15 pm
From: Stephen Mirick <smirick...>
Subject: [NHBirds] NH Coast (Red Knot, Short-eared Owl and lots of Laughing Gulls and Gannets)
Interesting day on the coast today.....highlights:

Northern Gannet - 250 estimated.  Ubiquitous.  Lots moving south, but
lots milling offshore.  IMPRESSIVE diving show off Seabrook Beach close
to shore.

Laughing Gull - 60+  Big incursion of Laughing Gulls.  28 in single
flock off Rye Ledge.

Red Knot - 1 continues in Hampton harbor on incoming tide.

SHORT-EARED OWL - 1 in Hampton marshes north of Hampton harbor. Possibly
pushed out of roosting spot by rising tide.  This is my earliest fall
arrival date (by one day) and my first in NH since October 2013!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevemirick/36869890993/in/dateposted/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevemirick/36829660564/in/photostream/

Steve & Jane Mirick
Bradford, MA