Date: 10/6/17 3:36 pm
From: Paul Kinzer <ptkinzr...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: RFI - Downy on house
Every fall, the neighborhood Downys & Hairys seem to be looking for a winter roost - they have gone completely through our cedar siding. I tack up a bunch of reflective strips in the areas they frequent, and that seems to keep them away fairly well. You can purchase reflective tape at your local bird store, or just cut pieces from a reflective mylar streamer.

I’ve also put up a winter roost house on a nearby tree, though I haven’t seen it get much use - time to go clean it for winter!

Paul Kinzer
Waterford, WI