Date: 10/6/17 7:41 am
From: <wolfies.hound...>
Subject: [COBOL] Sapsucker sighting
Yesterday morning, while passing by the still fully-leafed out maple at the SW corner of our garage, I heard some tapping that needed investigating. Crept around to where I could see through the branches and found a male Williamson's Sapsucker working away on the trunk. They ARE out this general direction: I often hear them drumming to the west of us in the spring. But the only time I've seen any in the yard is in the fall and only irregularly. Sometimes it's a male, sometimes a female, working the aspen trees along the edge of the driveway. So this was definitely a treat!

Sue Tank
10 Miles N of Sisters

Sent from my iPad