Date: 10/5/17 5:15 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...>
Subject: [obol] Negative bird data
Some of us are trained in the science way of doing things, a special and
unique way of thinking..some say on obol that negative data is just as good
as positive data and I understand that view.

But today I drove 180 miles for as close as you can come to seeing no birds
at all, and I don't agree.

I went to the Olallie Butte area at the most east edge of Marion County, at
the crest such as it is there, of the Cascades. I birded from the Olallie
Meadows CG a couple miles each way north and south. My species list was
about 6: 1 or 2 Crowned Sparrows, YR Warbler, Gray Jay, Steller's Jay,
Flicka and Junco, 1, maybe 2, of each. Beautiful sunshiny fall day, not
cold, no birds.

Roy Gerig Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!