Date: 10/5/17 3:00 pm
From: Rita Marie Wiskowski <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender dona_rita for DMARC)
Subject: [wisb] Birds & Beers on Oct 21 - a toast to South Milwaukee's new Bird City status
A Birds & Beers at Moran’s Pub in South Milwaukee (912 Milwaukee Ave, South Milwaukee) is planned for Saturday, October 21, 2017 at about 4:30pm (ish). Moran’s has a great selection of beers and offers a menu of sandwiches and soups.

Also at 3 pm Bryan Lenz, Director of Bird City will be coming to Grant Park Picnic Area 5 for a brief Presentation of SM’s Bird City Status. You are all invited to come. After the presentation we’ll do a little birding through the Seven Bridges area, the beach, and/ or whatever areas we think might bring us some late fall migrants. And when we stop finding birds we’ll head to Moran’s Pub.

You should come because winter is right around the corner, and you might remember the winter of 2012-13 when Grant Park experienced a Patagonia Picnic Table effect. We’re due for another good year, so get familiar with the park (if you haven’t birded there before), for when those evening grosbeaks, crossbills, townsend’s solitaires, bohemian waxwings, and hoary redpolls show up in a few months. I’m personally hoping for a purple sandpiper. I need one for my Milwaukee County list.

Hope to see you (and your birding and nonbirding significant others) on the 21st!

Rita Flores Wiskowski South Milwaukee, WI