Date: 10/5/17 1:58 pm
From: Warblerick <ricksussman1955...>
Subject: [MDBirding] 6 woodpecker day
It's really only this time of year when I can hope for a 6 (or 7) Woodpecker species day in my yard. I had lots of Northern Flickers, several Red-bellied, a pair of Pileateds, several Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers and a fly-by Red-headed Woodpecker all in the morning, but it wasn't until just a bit ago when I got a female Downy at the feeders. Hairy Woodpecker is scarce here, occurring probably less than once a year.
Rick Sussman
Woodbine, MD