Date: 10/5/17 1:51 pm
From: Krajcir, Kevin <KrajcirKJ...>
Subject: American Avocets at Hulsey Fish Hatchery in Hot Springs
After weeks of drought and little activity, my hopes weren’t high for seeing anything besides the inconspicuous Turkey Vulture and chattering Killdeer that frequent the hatchery grounds. A quick drive past the ponds closest to the road revealed a pleasant surprise. According to the subject of this email, I spotted seven (7) American Avocet in the muddy field in front of the visitor center at the Hulsey Hatchery souther of Hot Springs (third pond on the right if driving in). All gorgeous birds out of their breeding plumage. This quick surprise was a life bird for me and I plan to go scout them out a little longer later tonight. Sub-quality photos of these quality birds can (hopefully) be seen in the link below. Hope someone else gets to enjoy them as much as I did!

https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39568862

Join us on Facebook!