Date: 10/5/17 7:19 am
From: Ragupathy Kannan <0000013b0ad14faf-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Want to help some kid in the remote Himalaya?
I have had a request for binoculars for an NGO in Munsyari, Himalayas.  Just google.map it to see how remote this place is.
If you want that old worn out binocs to spend its last few years high up in the Himalayas, helping some kid get into birding, contact me offline.  I have already had 5 donations and I hope to fill a suitcase full of them.
What's the impact of donated binocs?  See the old posting below....

To: <ARBIRD-L...>
Subject: Fwd: Thanks for the binoculars - from Rishi Valley School, India.
From: Santharam V <santharam.v...>

Date: Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 9:45 PM

Dear Mr Barry Haas,
On behalf of the Rishi Valley School and The Institute of Bird Studies and Natural History, Rishi Valley, India, I wish to thank you for the gift of binoculars that you sent through Dr Ragupathy Kannan, Prof of Biology, Univ of Arkansas, Fort Smith.
We have an active birdwatching group in our school and we regularly go birdwatching each week-end in our campus and its neighborhood, where we have recorded over 225 species of birds so far. We have also been participating in the Great Backyard Bird Count and organizing Bird Races in the campus. The binoculars you have kindly gifted to our Institution will be of great help in furthering our goals of getting children interested in Nature.
Thank you so much for your kind gesture.
A copy of a recent write-up on our participation in the GBBC that appeared in the national newspaper THE HINDU is attached for your kind information.
Best wishes and regards,
V. Santharam

--
V. Santharam
Institute of Bird Studies & Natural History

Join us on Facebook!