Date: 10/5/17 12:06 am
From: Jeff Bray <jbray4913...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Re: Two Broad-winged Hawks flyover at Mile Square
Checklist below with some photos of the bird. I thought I had some shots
with both in view, but I didn't. Certainly an exciting afternoon.
Keep your eyes to the sky when you're out and about. Never know what might
be flying by.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/crispystatic/37457125006/

Jeff Bray
Irvine, CA

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 5:39 PM, Jeff Bray <jbray4913...> wrote:

> Standing here looking in the Eucapyptus trees for Jim’s Black-throated
> Green Warbler (which was seen briefly by the way around 4:45p) there were a
> hawk that caught the corner of my eye. When I had a glimpse and saw clean
> white underwings and no dark marks on the leading edge of the wings, I knew
> it was something interesting. A second bird appeared and both birds gained
> altitude quickly and started moving NE. I took quite a few photos I’ll
> share later. Certainly knew they were possible this time of year but I was
> not expecting to see one, let alone two.
>
> Jeff Bray
> Irvine, CA

Join us on Facebook!