Date: 10/4/17 7:56 pm
From: David Vick <or.naturalist...>
Subject: [COBOL] Today on Green Ridge
If I had just one adjective to describe the Wednesday Morning Birders hawk
watching today it would be SLOW. In addition there were very, very few
raptors (just kidding gang). We almost had more birders ((14) than birds
(23). The weather was quite decent but the winds, or lack there of, were
not conducive to pushing birds through. We could of had fair numbers if we
counted all the red tails and baldies that weren't interested in heading
south. However, the compensation was the great company with the exception
of one individual but be it far below me to mention Evan Thomas by name.
(Sorry man. I know that was a cheap shot but I just couldn't resist.)

7 Turkey Vulture
3 Bald Eagle
3 Sharp-shinned Hawk
3 Cooper's Hawk
3 Red-tailed Hawk
1 Merlin
1 Unid. Accipiter
2 Unid. Raptor

Today's birders: Susan Groszkiewicz, Denise Fawberg, Sue Bertsch, Diane
Burgess, Evan Thomas, Kim Boddie, Scott Ahlf, Kara Jakse, Mike Golden, Jan
Rising, Gilah Tenenbaun, Joel Tinsley, Don Sutherland and Loren Smith.

David Vick
Terrebonne