Date: 10/4/17 7:03 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Curry Birds 10/4/2017
Talked to Terry Wahl tonight and he said he had a CLAY-COLORED SPARROW and
a SAY'S PHOEBE at the ranch today. Both species have overwintered there
before but it is to early to tell if they are migrants or overwintering
birds.

Back in Coos I heard a BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT-HERON at Mingus Park on Monday
morning. I have only heard them there once before. The pond is way low on
water and has a lot of exposed mud, perhaps attractive to this species. I
am never around in the daylight hours to check for shorebirds???

Rumps in huge numbers everywhere the last few days.

Happy Birding!
Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!