Date: 10/4/17 6:24 pm
From: Robert Thorn <robthorn6...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] HooverDam-Inniswood,10-04:fewMigrants
A visit to these adjoining sites in Westerville this afternoon found a lull
in migration, perhaps not surprising with the southerly winds and warm
conditions. I birded from Hoover Dam, then hiked down around the edges of
the spillway, before journeying over to Inniswood and its woodland trails.
Notables for the afternoon included:

Woodpeckers - no Red-headed, but lots of other residents at both sites,
including a Pileated at Inniswood

Flycatchers - the only one was a lone E.Phoebe in the Hoover spillway

Vireos - none at all at either location

Thrushes - Inniswood had a late Wood Thrush, and Bluebirds were at both
sites

Mimids - no catbirds or thrashers at either site

Warblers - very slow, with Yellow-rumped at the dam and Black-thr.Green at
Inniswood

Sparrows - a few White-throateds have appeared below the dam, but none are
at Inniswood yet

Blackbirds - a squad of 300+ grackles at Inniswood was likely staging for a
huge roost further south