Date: 10/4/17 5:39 pm
From: Jeff Bray <jbray4913...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Two Broad-winged Hawks flyover at Mile Square

Standing here looking in the Eucapyptus trees for Jim’s Black-throated Green Warbler (which was seen briefly by the way around 4:45p) there were a hawk that caught the corner of my eye. When I had a glimpse and saw clean white underwings and no dark marks on the leading edge of the wings, I knew it was something interesting. A second bird appeared and both birds gained altitude quickly and started moving NE. I took quite a few photos I’ll share later. Certainly knew they were possible this time of year but I was not expecting to see one, let alone two.

Jeff Bray

Irvine, CA

Join us on Facebook!