Date: 10/4/17 4:18 pm
From: James Pike <jimpike444...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] bt green/protho warblers
An immature female Black-throated Green Warbler was in lerpy eucs at Mile
Square Park this afternoon. Look for a group of four eucs along a sidewalk
bordered by fan palms, roughly halfway between Palm Island and Edinger. If
anything, it favored the pair of trees closest to the street. A tinge of
yellow on the underparts seen in some photos had me considering a Hermit x
Townsend hybrid, but it looks fine in the bulk of the pics. Afterwards, I
stopped at Centennial Park a couple miles east of Mile Square and had a
female Prothonotary Warbler in the NE quadrant of the park, roughly halfway
between the skate park and Edinger (and 50m west of Fairview). It came into
view after a lengthy bout of pishing, so I can't say where it is likeliest
to be refound. There were also birds at the NW end of the park, with the
most interesting being two molting Ash-throated Flycatchers. Pics at link
below:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140329376@N06/

Jim Pike
HB