Date: 10/4/17 4:14 pm
From: <canyon53ss...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Red-breasted Nuthatch in Silverado
I was standing outside today listening for new birds and heard the distinct "yank" call of the Red-breasted Nuthatch. I ran in, got my binos and camera and phone, called the bird (which flew in) and I got one very lousy picture, but good enough to use for ID.

We usually get one of these every fall and sometimes they stay a while and sometimes they don't.

If you are missing this species, it will be hit and miss, but I am willing to help you if you want to try. I got the bird first around noon, and photographed it @ 12:12pm. Last I heard the bird, it was up the street. from where the Painted Redstart was commonly found.

Happy Birding,

Sherry Meddick
Silverado

Join us on Facebook!