Date: 10/4/17 3:15 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [obol] Crook County Birds
Things are changing over here in Crook County.  Last week, a wave of
Yellow-rumped Warblers descended upon us but that seems to be waning.
Today, a big movement of Dark-eyed Juncos began with flocks throughout
my travels.  Golden-crowned Sparrows are moving in as well.  I found a
Varied Thrush and Hermit Thrush at the Powell Butte Cemetery.  Waterfowl
have yet to arrive and shorebirds are thin.

I still have a Sooty Fox Sparrow feeding on grubs in the bark around my
lawn.  I usually don't see them for another month but this one has been
here over a week.  Photos at
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39552044. I used a flash so the
photos may appear to look a little Slate-colored but they are darker
chocolate and not as red in real life.

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
541-280-4957