Date: 10/4/17 9:25 am
From: Frank Hamilton <fhamil06...>
Subject: R-T Hummingbirds
In previous seasons, I've had hummers at my feeders into mid-October.  This season, appears to be an anomaly at least where I live.  Around the time of our recent tropical storms my hummingbird count* was off somewhat because of less viewing time.  Three weekends ago there were about 22.  On 16 September I counted 55 in a 2-hour period.  Since then I've only seen one.  Could it be that these storms coming in the midst of migration have killed many of these birds?  I would appreciate any comments if anyone has an insight on the apparent abrupt decline in sightings.
Thank you. Frank HamiltonCharleston, SC
* All counts are estimates based on observations at only two of four feeders.

Join us on Facebook!