Date: 10/3/17 8:13 pm
From: Brian Fitch <fogeggs...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Sutro & Ft Miley
Another Sutro Baths seawatch turned up a Pomerine Jaeger, at least eight
Parasitic Jaegers, and my first of season Marbled Murrelets, a northbound
pair.

Hiking from the El Camino parking lot up into Ft Miley West, Red-breasted
Nuthatches were amazing, along with other coniferous/mountain species. A
minimum of six nuthatches were together at the battery, and four more were
along the main path to the West Wash. Three singing Varied Thrush, twenty
or more Pine Siskins, calling Purple Finches, and Red Crossbills were also
present.

This is the best showing of R-br Nuthatch that I've seen since they ceased
wintering a number of years ago, so I'm holding out hope that they might
stay with us until spring.

Brian Fitch

Join us on Facebook!