Date: 10/3/17 4:04 pm
From: Stephen Mirick <smirick...>
Subject: [NHBirds] NH Coast (O-C Warbler, 2 Clay-colored Sparrows,
Jane and I hit the coast this morning.....on vacation!  A few nice
birds.  Some photos below include shots from our recent trip to Cape
May, NJ and Race Point, MA.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevemirick/

Canada Goose  18     Migrating.
Common Eider  130
Surf Scoter  5
White-winged Scoter  23
Black Scoter  5
Red-throated Loon  1     Close fly by. Small head, thin bill. Grayer
than Common.
Common Loon  4
Horned Grebe  1     Bicentennial Park. First of fall.
Northern Gannet  46
Great Cormorant  7     Migrating
Double-crested Cormorant  649     Migrating
Great Blue Heron  9
Great Egret  23     Careful count.
Osprey  2
Sharp-shinned Hawk  1
Black-bellied Plover  76
American Golden-Plover  1     Juvenile on Jenness  Beach.  Flushed by dog.
Semipalmated Plover  78
Killdeer  1
Sanderling  43
Dunlin  16
Least Sandpiper  3     Together at Rye Harbor SP.
White-rumped Sandpiper  2     Both JUVENILES. First juveniles of fall.
Pectoral Sandpiper  1
Semipalmated Sandpiper  52
Short-billed Dowitcher  2
Greater Yellowlegs  21
Bonaparte's Gull  1
Ring-billed Gull  27     Migrating
Lesser Black-backed Gull  1     Woody.
Merlin  1
Peregrine Falcon  1
Eastern Phoebe  1
Eastern Bluebird  4
ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER  1     Odiorne. North end. Excellent views.
Common Yellowthroat  1
Palm Warbler  3
Chipping Sparrow  2
CLAY-COLORED SPARROW  2     Both together on fence at Goss Farm. Photos.
White-crowned Sparrow  1 at Goss Farm in Rye.
White-throated Sparrow  2
Savannah Sparrow  18
Swamp Sparrow  1
Indigo Bunting  1 at Goss Farm.