Date: 10/3/17 12:09 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Return To Glacial Park Tuesday 10-3-17
Hello Bird People,

Since my former neighbor Danny Hecklinger had never seen an Ibis of
any kind & since this was the day of my monthly birding trip with him
we decided that Glacial Park was the place to go. Unlike on Friday you
could not see the Ibis gang from above as they were on the south side
of the pond & out of view except from pond level on the pond's north
side. Dan Williams has already reported that all 6 are still present
but here's a list of all birds present at the Ibis Pond this early
a.m.:

Glacial Park Ibis Pond Near Visitor Center (7:45-9:15 a.m.)

D.C. Cormorant (1 fly-by)
WHITE FACED IBIS (6, continuing but red eyes hard to make out due to
the cloudy conditions)
Mallard (19) & Shoveler (2) (Dan W saw 2 Blue Winged Teal to the N.W.)
Sandhill Crane (2 calling fly-bys)
Killdeer (5-6)
Greater (3) & Lesser (6) Yellowlegs
LONG BILLED DOWITCHER (4)
Wilson's Snipe (9-10)
Herring Gull (1)
Starlings & Red Winged Blackbirds (many)

Danny H, Dan W, Phil D & myself looked for small land birds both at
another section of Glacial Park as well as at McHenry Dam but found
hardly any worth mentioning so I won't mention any!

Bird-Of-The-Day to the continuing Ibis gang & Runners-Up to the Long
Billed Dowitchers.
Saw what we went for & that's about it!

Al Stokie
Again in McHenry County looking for Ibis & shorebirds

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: