Date: 10/3/17 7:08 am
From: Barry E. Blust <barryblust...>
Subject: Identification of Empidonax by sight
In various places in recent months I've seen discussions about
identification of various Empidonax individuals that have made references to
characteristics such as "primary extension", "tail length", "eye ring
extended towards rear", "yellow underparts", "large headed look", etc. It
seems that the art of identifying an Empidonax individual by sight may be
possible under the right circumstances, or at least being able to narrow
down the possibilities of which species it might be. I was wondering if
anyone is aware of any resources that may exist, printed or online, that
have these ID tips described in one place?

Thanks.

Barry E. Blust
21 Rabbit Run Lane
Glenmoore, PA
Upper Uwchlan Township, Chester County
<BarryBlust...>

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to
everything else in the Universe."
-- John Muir

Join us on Facebook!