Date: 10/2/17 10:19 pm
From: Nathaniel Wander <nw105...>
Subject: [obol] Harney Scrub-Jay + Apology
1)  While others reported scrub-jay from Malheur HQ, I heard one in Burns in the residential area east of Hines Boulevard on Wednesday night, 9/27, but never saw it.  Listening to both California and Woodhouse's at Cornell Lab's "All About Birds," the tonality of what Sibley writes as the shreeeeenk call was definitely lower than Woodhouse's calls.
2)  Sincere apologies for not deleting the digest text when I inquired about a Friday ride to Corvallis.  It was particularly confusing to anyone receiving the digest. Nathaniel WanderPortland, OR
Max Planck is supposed to have said: A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and        making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die        and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.Andreas Wagner observed of Planck's remark: Science, like nature, advances one funeral at a time.  (Arrival of the Fittest, p.197

Join us on Facebook!