Date: 10/2/17 9:48 pm
From: Brian Fitch <fogeggs...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Odds & Ends from Sutro Area
Just after sunrise this morning, I found a young Gr. White-fronted Goose in
the tussocky grasses along the verge of the Sutro Baths. The bird was up
to its shoulders in the greens and gave me a brief gestalt puzzle as I
looked down on it from almost directly overhead in the early morning
shadows. Later, a flock of seven white-fronteds flew east into the Gate.
Only four Parasitic Jaegers were in the channel, and there are finally a
few first year Heermann's Gulls in the local flocks after several years of
none at all.

Echoing Mike's report, a Western Meadowlark flew by me on the terrace and
landed on the northernmost Seal Rock amidst pelicans, gulls, and
cormorants, and on the way out, a flock of blackbirds swirling around the
parkng lot included Bicolored, Tricolored, and "regular" Red-winged males.

Sutro Heights had several Red-breasted Nuthatches and a White-throated
Sparrow.

Brian Fitch

Join us on Facebook!