Date: 10/2/17 8:10 pm
From: John Sullivan <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender Oropendolas for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Fern Ridge New Mud North of Royal
Hello All,

The flood gates are open, draining the reservoir for winter and creating extensive mud flats on the north side of Royal Ave. Barry McKenzie and I made a quick stop 5:00-5:30 tonight and found quite a few birds on the new mud including 2 GOLDEN PLOVERS, presumably the same two birds seen earlier by Barbara Combs south of the platform. One was clearly an AMERICAN GOLDEN PLOVER, dull with white face, bright white supercillium and long primary extension. The other was much brighter golden overall with less pronounced gold supercillium, but still had quite long primary projection. Not sure on ID. All birds were flushed by a Peregrine just before we left. Barry may have photos.

Good Birding,

John Sullivan
Springfield, OR

Sent from my iPad