Date: 10/2/17 4:42 pm
From: Chad Witko <chadjwitko...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Dickcissel (Keene)- NO
Greetings,

Tonight around 4:30 PM I tried for the previously reported Dickcissel first
found by Steven Lamonde this morning off of the Keene Bike Path adjacent to
Antioch University. I unfortunately was not on campus early enough to see
this bird and had to work in the library for the afternoon. Oh well, that's
how it goes sometimes.

In the 30 minutes I spent around the bike path this afternoon, I had no
luck in finding the Dickcissel and sparrow activity was rather limited,
which likely lowered my chance of finding this bird. However, warbler
activity was in full-swing with the majority being of the Yellow-rumped
variety. However, I did find a few other warbler species mixed in with them
over the course of a few loose flocks.

Highlights in no particular order:
Yellow-rumped Warbler- 25 (including some going to the sunflower seed
feeders on campus which I've never seen before)
Northern Parula- 3
Blackpoll Warbler- 2
Common Yellowthroat- 3
Lincoln's Sparrow- 1

I will likely try again for the Dickcissel tomorrow and will post any
information on positive or negative detections.

Good Birding,
Chad Witko
Walpole, NH
--
Chad Witko
www.chat-happens.com

"I came to believe birds are the most vivid expression of life. It made me
aware of the world in which we live."
Roger Tory Peterson