Date: 10/2/17 3:05 pm
From: Dayna yalowicki <dlwicki...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Brown Pelicans
I have recently returned from a week's stay in Depoe Bay, Ore, where I have gone two or three times a year, during different seasons for nearly 20 years and have thoroughly enjoyed the flocks of Brown Pelicans skimming the water both morning and evening. There are usually several flocks, but this trip, NONE. I saw a single bird on seagull rock, along with a smattering of cormorants, which also used to number in the thousands. I am curious whether the recent culling of Cormorants may have affected the Cormorants traveling past Depoe Bay, and if the drop in Pelicans now is due to the sardine crash a few years ago. Or are the two population decreases related in some way?

Dayna Yalowicki
Bothell, Wa