Date: 10/2/17 2:51 pm
From: Tim Houghton <timhoughton...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Birding at U. of Maryland Central Farm
The Central Farm on Folly Rd. in Howard County is restricted--no birding/birders allowed...EXCEPT this coming Oct. 14. From the MOS Yellowthroat:

Howard County Bird Club: "UMD Central Maryland Research and Education Center. Walk the wetlands and Middle Patuxent floodplain. The tract has a history of uncommon County sightings [my emphasis]. Waterproof footwear is advised. We will be back across the Folly Quarter Rd bridge by 9:30. Meet at the farm office’s concrete parking lot (just past the office on the left) at 7:30 AM."

Based on info I received, the Farm would be happy for any person to show up--this is a state facility--and take advantage of this opportunity. This birding trip is taking place the same day as the Farm's Open House-- http://agnr.umd.edu/openhouse .

Tim Houghton

(Glen Arm)