Date: 10/2/17 9:19 am
From: Steven Lamonde <slamonde...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Dickcissel on Keene Bike Path
This morning, I had the unexpected pleasure of finding a DICKCISSEL along
the bike path in Keene. The bird perched for several minutes, allowing me
to take photos with an iPod through my 8x42 bins. It goes without saying
that today was not a good day to leave my camera at home. I first saw the
Dickcissel from the Cheshire Rail Trail (bike path) behind the Kohl's at
the eastern end of the pedestrian bridge (42.931379, -72.296250). After a
minute or two, a mixed flock of sparrows (LISP, SOSP, SWSP, CHSP) moved
through the hedgerow on the north side of the path, picking up the
Dickcissel in its wake. For those of you who wish to look for this bird, I
recommend parking in the Kohl's parking lot to access the parking lot
behind the store. If the bird is still present, it is likely in the shrubby
habitat under the power line corridor or in the bushes on either side of
the bike path.

Photos of the Dickcissel are posted on my eBird checklist
<http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39511776>.

Happy birding,
Steven Lamonde