Date: 10/2/17 7:36 am
From: David Govatski Gmail <david.govatski...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Pondicherry Big Sit Birding Day on Sunday 8 October 2017
The Pondicherry Big Sit Birding Day will be held on Sunday 8 October 2017 from 0600-1800 at the Pondicherry National Wildlife Refuge in Jefferson, NH. A team of birders known as the Pondicherry Marsh Hawks will be located at the Tudor Richards Viewing Platform on the edge of Cherry Pond. Access is by a 1.5 mile walk on a rail trail from a trailhead on Airport Road in Whitefield or another trailhead and a 2.6 mile walk on a rail trail from Route 115A in Jefferson.

This is the 11th Annual Big Sit Birding Event at Pondicherry. We have observed a total of 80 different bird species over the previous ten years. The average number of species observed is 36 at this time of year. Autumn foliage, especially for larch trees that turn golden at this time of year should be pretty nice. The event is free and open to the public. We will have spotting scopes set up for people to use. If you would like to participate on the team please contact me off line.

David Govatski
Jefferson, NH