Date: 10/2/17 6:01 am
From: Tony Vazzano <tvazzano...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Sandwich kinglets and warblers
Late yesterday afternoon my wife and I took a walk through the old gravel
pit along the Bearcamp River Trail at the end of Diamond Ledge Rd, in
Sandwich. As we approached the far end where I usually see a few
Ruby-crowned Kinglets in fall, I was amazed to see about 3 dozen of them
flitting through about a 75 yard stretch of young birches. There were 8
species of warblers among the 40 or so warblers that were present. While
half of them were Yellow-rumped, it was a good variety for here for so late
in the season. On the walk in by a recently cut hay field there were about
20 Eastern Bluebirds.

Tony Vazzano
Sandwich