Date: 10/2/17 5:29 am
From: Fred Shaffer <glaucousgull...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Sora at Schoolhouse Pond
During my morning walk around Schoolhouse Pond, I heard a Sora call several times.  The bird was heard only, but it called from the grassy/weedy mudflats towards the rear of the pond, giving its somewhat long, whistled pooEEE call each time.  This is a bird I've heard often at Jug Bay, but this is a first for Schoolhouse Pond, at least for me.  There are a few areas where the vegetation is a little thinner and the mudflats are more exposed, and hopefully the bird will wander into these areas in the coming days, but it stayed well hidden this morning. Good birding.
Fred <ShafferGlaucousGull...>, Anne Arundel