Date: 10/2/17 2:23 am
From: Michael D. Collins <mike...>
Subject: IBWO evidence published
All of my evidence for the persistence of the Ivory-billed Woodpecker has now been published in the following papers:
Paper #1 discusses audio recordings and some of the evidence.
   http://fishcrow.com/JASAv129p1626.pdf
   http://ftp.aip.org/epaps/journ_acoust_soc/E-JASMAN-129-024103/readme.html
Paper #2 discusses conservation issues and all of the evidence.
   http://www.heliyon.com/article/e00230/
Paper #3, which came out today, discusses double knocks, wingbeats, and some of the evidence.
   http://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-13035-6
This work was recommended for publication by experts in ornithology, conservation, avian flight, and bioacoustics. The evidence consists of video footage of several events involving flights, behaviors, field marks, and other characteristics that are consistent with the Ivory-billed Woodpecker but no other species. Nobody has identified any flaws in the analysis or proposed a plausible alternative explanation for any of the events in the videos, which were obtained during encounters with birds that were identified in the field as Ivory-billed Woodpeckers at sites where these birds had been reported.
Anyone who wishes to get at the truth would be wise to ignore unsupported opinions, study the evidence, and come to their own conclusions. Presentations of the evidence in lecture format may be accessed at my website. I am about to depart for a month at sea in the Arctic and won’t be available for questions, but the answers are contained in those papers.
Mike CollinsAlexandria, Virginiahttp://fishcrow.com

Join us on Facebook!