Date: 10/1/17 11:25 pm
From: Joel Barrett <joelbsalty...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Scorpion Ranch, Santa Cruz Island
Hi all,

I had an opportunity to stay ashore at Scorpion Ranch, Santa Cruz Island today. It was very birdy.

The highlights were a White-winged Dove, Brewer's Sparrow, Clay-Colored Sparrow, Sage Thrasher, and Red-throated Pipit. I also saw a Bunting that I'm trying to pin to species. I have posted some photos of it in my ebird list. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera for the first hour of birding between boat drop offs so I missed my chance for great shots of the Pipit and Thrasher.

If anyone wants to email me directly with comments on the Bunting let me know. I have placed it as a Lazuli/Indigo at this point. I'm not sure any of the rarer Bunting Sps. fit well.

https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39509586

Joel Barrett

Port Hueneme, Ca