Date: 10/1/17 9:14 pm
From: Jim Berry <jim.berry3...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Fwd: eBird Report - Ipswich Town Farm, Oct 1, 2017
Ipswich Town Farm

Oct 1, 2017 7:45 AM - 11:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments: I joined Tom Young's BBC walk along with Linda Pivacek, Susan Hedman, Marj Watson, Daan Sandee, Noel Mann, and Dana Jewell. We spent the whole morning at the town farm, though the variety was not that great, esp. for sparrows and warblers. But we found a dickcissel and 2 Lincoln's sparrows, among others.
43 species (+2 other taxa)

Double-crested Cormorant (Phalacrocorax auritus) 7
Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias) 1
Great Egret (Ardea alba) 3
Snowy Egret (Egretta thula) 7
Turkey Vulture (Cathartes aura) 13
Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis) 1
Greater Yellowlegs (Tringa melanoleuca) 20
Greater/Lesser Yellowlegs (Tringa melanoleuca/flavipes) 10 distant
Herring Gull (Larus argentatus) 33
Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura) 1
Eastern Screech-Owl (Megascops asio) 1 responded to our imitations
Belted Kingfisher (Megaceryle alcyon) 1 One twice in two places, or two separate birds.
Red-bellied Woodpecker (Melanerpes carolinus) 2
Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens) 7
Northern Flicker (Colaptes auratus) 3 none seen, to my knowledge
Merlin (Falco columbarius) 2 These two were seen in quick succession at least a quarter-mile apart. The first one was spreading its tail while perched.
Peregrine Falcon (Falco peregrinus) 1
Eastern Phoebe (Sayornis phoebe) 2
Blue-headed Vireo (Vireo solitarius) 2
Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata) 21
American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos) 18
Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus) 12
Tufted Titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor) 5
White-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta carolinensis) 2
Carolina Wren (Thryothorus ludovicianus) 1
Eastern Bluebird (Sialia sialis) 1
Hermit Thrush (Catharus guttatus) 1
American Robin (Turdus migratorius) 40
Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) 9
European Starling (Sturnus vulgaris) 400
Common Yellowthroat (Geothlypis trichas) 2
Palm Warbler (Western) (Setophaga palmarum palmarum) 2
Palm Warbler (Yellow) (Setophaga palmarum hypochrysea) 2 All four PAWAs were together for side-by-side comparison.
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle) (Setophaga coronata coronata) 2
White-throated Sparrow (Zonotrichia albicollis) 2
Savannah Sparrow (Passerculus sandwichensis) 4
Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia) 35
Lincoln's Sparrow (Melospiza lincolnii) 2
Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis) 6
Indigo Bunting (Passerina cyanea) 3
Dickcissel (Spiza americana) 1
Bobolink (Dolichonyx oryzivorus) 1
Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus) 30
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis) 45
House Sparrow (Passer domesticus) 30

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39496174

http://www.avg.com