Date: 10/1/17 8:04 pm
From: <Thomasabenson...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Sea & Sage pelagic trip, September 30
Yesterday (Sep 30), Sea & Sage Audubon held its annual fall pelagic trip out of Dana Point aboard the Ocean Institute's R/V Sea Explorer. Unfortunately, we did not encounter any spectacular rarities during the trip, though we did see good numbers of expected species such as Black-vented and Pink-footed Shearwaters and Pomarine Jaegers, as well as a few Sooty Shearwaters, Parasitic Jaegers, Red-necked Phalaropes, and one or two Common Terns. Notable birds included a Vaux's Swift flying over the boat well off shore, a Western Meadowlark perched on top of one of the oil platforms, and a Peregrine Falcon flying over one of the other oil platforms.

Tom Benson
San Bernardino, CA

Join us on Facebook!