Date: 10/1/17 7:50 pm
From: <5hats...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Cedar Waxwings Eating Chokecherries
Absolutely. At least they eat the cherries. I have seen both Cedar Waxwings and American Robins feasting on them. However I can't recall seeing Band-tailed Pigeons do so, and they gorge on fruit of both cascara and elderberry trees. So perhaps the cherries are a "famine food" for birds when other food sources are not as readily available. But that is only a hypothesis.

Darrel