Date: 10/1/17 5:07 pm
From: Byers <byers345...>
Subject: [Tweeters] TVs in Edmonds
Hi Tweeters,

Bill and I recently moved to Edmonds, where we have a proper
bird viewing area-a nice open back yard surrounded by lots of fir trees and
other shrubby plants. We have a large flock of Chestnut-backed Chickadees
as regular visitors to our feeders as well as Golden-crowned, White-crowned,
and Song Sparrows. I'm hoping we'll see Fox and Lincoln's Sparrows during
the winter. A star bird two days ago was a beautiful Townsend's Warbler.
One type of bird has been missing. Until today we had seen no raptors.
This afternoon Bill spotted a kettle of 16 Turkey Vultures spiraling around
in the sky not too far above our house. We have seen this kind of thing
before in Seattle. Now we're hoping for more observations like this!