Date: 10/1/17 4:34 pm
From: Wayne Hoffman <whoffman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Cedar Waxwings Eating Chokecherries
Hi -

Lori's photos do appear to show chokecherries, not Bitter Cherries - the distribution of fruits on the tigs differs.

Band-tailed Pigeons definitely eat Bitter Cherries.

Wayne
On 10/1/2017 4:28:09 PM, Mary Lee Sayre <maryleesayre...> wrote:

I’ve understood that most of the wild cherry on the west side of the Cascades are Bittercherry, not Chokecherry.  I this so and do birds like Bittercherry?  I have some on my property and have not seen the birds eat it.

Mary Lee Sayre
Oakridge

On Oct 1, 2017, at 2:29 PM, L Markoff <canyoneagle...> [mailto:<canyoneagle...>]> wrote:

Add another species to the list of Chokecherry lovers.   :-)

https://www.flickr.com/gp/canyoneagle/0H6n8o [https://www.flickr.com/gp/canyoneagle/0H6n8o]

Lori Markoff
Eugene (South Hills)

Join us on Facebook!