Date: 10/1/17 4:28 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Coos Tropical K 9/30/2017
I looked up the records and that was actually the 56th Coos record but only
the 4th in Sep. 50 of the records were in the last 20 yrs. When I saw my
first one in Coos in 1997 this was still a review species. The earliest
Coos record was Sep 16, 1984 by Roger Robb- wow that was 33 yrs ago Roger!

Tim

On Saturday, September 30, 2017, Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','<timrodenkirk...>');>> wrote:

> Holly, Pip and I observed our first Oregon TROPICAL KINGBIRD of the year
> along north dike old Weyco pond site N Spit Coos Bay about 4 this
> afternoon- still around on way back out but further north in the willows
> across the water from the powerline there. Of the 45+ Coos record only a
> handful are from Sep so this bird is a week or two earlier than when the
> first birds normally show up.
>
> Hundreds of CA Gulls coming into pond there then heading into bay. I have
> seen thousands coming off ocean, stop at pond, then head into bay this time
> of yr. and then head back out to ocean. Not sure what is up but they are
> quite noisy and regular in large numbers at this site this time of yr.
>
> Merry migration!
> Tim R
> Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!