Date: 10/1/17 1:54 pm
From: Dave Compton <davcompton60...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Stow Grove and Stow House Parking lot
This morning, I saw a CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER and a PALM WARBLER at Stow
Grove Park in Goleta. The Chestnut-sided Warbler was in the eucalyptus on
the west side of the parking lot. This was the same area I saw a
Chestnut-sided Warbler more than a week ago, but it was a different
individual, lacking the chestnut patches on the side (the other bird had
pretty obvious chestnut patches). The Palm Warbler was briefly feeding on
the ground with a group of Yellow-rumped Warblers in the grassy area in the
southern half of the park. There were probably 50 Yellow-rumpeds on the
ground in the southern half of the park. A good number were also in the
eucs. Numbers are obviously way up, now.

At Stow House, it was moderately birdy in the eucs near the parking lot,
but I didn't see anything surprising. Two begging fledgling kites were in
the big star pine just south of the house.

Dave Compton
Santa Barbara

Join us on Facebook!