Date: 10/1/17 12:53 pm
From: Marc Ribaudo via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Fwd: eBird Report - Leesylvania State Park, Oct 1, 2017

Leesylvania State Park in Woodbridge was once again a real delight this morning. I was at the Confederate battery as the sun rose and shortly thereafter warblers started filling the trees. At first they were high up and difficult to id because of the dense foliage, but after a while many suddenly dropped down on to the bluff and eye level. I was able to id Cape May, blackpoll, bay-breasted, palm, parula, magnolia, blackburnian, black-and-white, yellow-rumped, and Tennessee. Also present were both ruby-crowned and golden-crowned kinglets, blue-gray gnatcatcher, scarlet tanager, and pewee. The hillside around the ruins was busier, with many birds feeding in the dense ground cover. Here I added redstart, Nashville, black-throated blue, and yellowthroat (most of the species seen at the battery were also present). Other parts of the park were not nearly so birdy, but I did add several notable species, including summer tanager, gray-cheeked thrush, red-headed woodpecker, and
winter wren. Thanks to Bill Hohenstein, Yve Morrell, Phil Silas, and Phil Kenny for helping me add to this list

Marc Ribaudo
<moribaudo...>

Leesylvania State Park, Prince William, Virginia, US
Oct 1, 2017 7:02 AM - 11:27 AM
Protocol: Traveling
5.25 mile(s)
61 species