Date: 10/1/17 10:44 am
Subject: Mountains
Headed up to the Boone yesterday and casually worked down the parkway, then this morning tried Ridge Junction. It was a pretty slow weekend with only one truly massive feeding flock and a few smaller ones. We saw maybe two birds at Ridge Junction, really quite there. But we managed a few migrants nonetheless. Warblers were few and far between and we didn't get anything beyond the typical Tennessee, Cape May, Maggie, Bay-breasted. In terms of non-warblers we had one Philadelphia Vireo and a Gray-cheeked Thrush, as well as Swainson's Thrush, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, and Scarlet Tanager.

Ryan Justice

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!