Date: 10/1/17 10:34 am
From: Martha or Doug <cutford...>
Subject: Heffner Gap
Members of High Country Audubon spent Saturday morning on the Blue Ridge
Parkway where we saw, among other species, a lifetime supply of Bay-breasted
Warblers! Species list below. We went later to the Orchard at Altapass where
we added
Song Sparrow
House Wren
Common Yellowthroat
White-breasted Nuthatch
Tufted Titmouse
Chimney Swift
Broad-winged Hawk
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture

Martha Cutler

Blue Ridge Pkwy--Heffner Gap, Mitchell, North Carolina, US
Sep 30, 2017 7:21 AM - 9:31 AM

30 species (+2 other taxa)

Red-bellied Woodpecker (Melanerpes carolinus)
Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens)
Northern Flicker (Colaptes auratus)
Pileated Woodpecker (Dryocopus pileatus)
Eastern Wood-Pewee (Contopus virens)
Empidonax sp. (Empidonax sp.)
Eastern Phoebe (Sayornis phoebe)
Blue-headed Vireo (Vireo solitarius)
Philadelphia Vireo (Vireo philadelphicus)
Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata)
American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos)
Common Raven (Corvus corax)
Carolina Chickadee (Poecile carolinensis)
Carolina Wren (Thryothorus ludovicianus)
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (Regulus calendula)
American Robin (Turdus migratorius)
thrush sp. (Turdidae sp.)
Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis)
Ovenbird (Seiurus aurocapilla)
Tennessee Warbler (Oreothlypis peregrina)
American Redstart (Setophaga ruticilla)
Cape May Warbler (Setophaga tigrina)
Magnolia Warbler (Setophaga magnolia)
Bay-breasted Warbler (Setophaga castanea)
Blackburnian Warbler (Setophaga fusca)
Black-throated Blue Warbler (Setophaga caerulescens) 3 male, 1 female
Black-throated Green Warbler (Setophaga virens)
Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis)
Eastern Towhee (Pipilo erythrophthalmus)
Scarlet Tanager (Piranga olivacea)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak (Pheucticus ludovicianus)
Indigo Bunting (Passerina cyanea)

Join us on Facebook!