Date: 10/1/17 8:59 am
From: John Nelson <jnelson...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Connecticut Warbler, Eastern Point, Gloucester
At about 9:00 this morning I had a nice look at a Connecticut Warbler in
the shrubbery along Fort Hill Avenue in the Eastern Point area of
Gloucester. I explored the Point from 8:00 to 11:00 and found a few pockets
of birds. Highlights:

1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
1 Blue-headed Vireo
1 Red-eyed Vireo
1 House Wren
4 Carolina Wrens (seem to be coming back after the hard winter a few years
ago)
3 Golden-crowned Kinglets
1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet
2 Northern Mockingbirds
2 Cedar Waxwings
1 Connecticut Warbler
1 Common Yellowthroat
1 Blackpoll Warbler
1 BT Green Warbler
1 Scarlet Tanager

At home in West Gloucester we still have 2 Eastern Towhees in our yard, a
Hairy Woodpecker that visits the suet feeder daily, an Eastern Screech-Owl
we heard three nights ago, and a juvenile Red-tail that spends each day
crying incessantly as it soars over the neighborhood.

John Nelson
Gloucester

Join us on Facebook!