Date: 10/1/17 8:46 am
From: Roselie Overby <0000005a14a66d60-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Egret etc roost in Lake Village area
I was finally able to make it up to the bird roost by the levee near the pumping station yesterday (Saturday, 9/30/17)  in Lake Village area as previously described by Abby Gibson.  I counted 27 Roseate Spoonbills and there were probably more.  Wood Storks and Great Egrets were abundant.  Double-crested Cormorants were in the mix, too.  They are visible through a couple of breaks in the trees growing at the water's edge.  My camera did not capture the spoonbill color, but one can see beak shape on a few.  I drove the levee from near the state park to the pumping station around 6 to 6:30 and this was the only good birding area.  Roselie Overby

Join us on Facebook!