Date: 10/1/17 7:04 am
From: Glenn Williams via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Bluff Point 10/1
Dylan Pedro, Phil Rusch, and I birded the hot corner at Bluff Point this morning.  It was a very small flight of about 65 warblers, none headline grabbing, but we did have 10 species despite the small numbers.  Highlights were a DICKCISSEL, 2 YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER, and over 3000 TREE SWALLOWS streaming across a broad front from SW to NE, presumably dispersing from the Connecticut River roost.  Strangely, we only had two Yellow-rumped Warblers - one during early morning flight and one as we were leaving after 9am flying out of the hot corner.  Titmice and Blue Jays were migrating, as well as Red-bellied Woodpeckers.  In addition to the small number of Yellow-rumped Warblers, there were only five White-throated Sparrows and no juncos.

Glenn Williams
Mystic