Date: 10/1/17 12:31 am
From: Diane Bagues <dbagues...>
Subject: [obol] NGS Bird app
Don't know if I've done this right, or if someone has already posted it,
but if if it goes through, a heads up - the NGS Birds app will not
work on Apple's new iOS 11 system. At. All.
When I contacted NGS, I received the following response:
"Thank you for contacting us regarding the National Geographic Birds:
Field Guide to North America app.

"We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed using this app from
National Geographic. Unfortunately, we have made the difficult
decision to retire the product and you may notice that parts of the
app are no longer working or the app may cease to function altogether.
Our product team is currently working on plans to invest in new
digital products that deliver a similar experience in the future that
we feel will best serve our audience and support the National
Geographic mission.

"We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for taking the time
to write us."

At this point i t's still usable on devices not upgraded to the new
iOS. Mine remains on the iPhone I replaced, which still works off of
wifi.

I lost a number of apps in this phone change. Unlike with past
upgrades, they will not run at all, and give the option to Keep or
Delete: Most say the developer needs to make the app compatible, but
a few say the app is no longer available in the Apps Store for
download. btw, the Apps Store itself is no longer part of iTunes, and
is accessible only via your (in my case very small) device.

Diane Bagues

Milwaukie

< blockquote style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;
padding-left: 5px; margin-left: 0px; border-left: 2px solid rgb(0, 0,
255); font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none;
color: black;"> POST: Send your post to <obol...> JOIN OR
QUIT: http://www.freelists.org/list/obol OBOL archives:
www.freelists.org/archive/obol Contact moderator:
<obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!