Date: 9/30/17 7:07 pm
From: <peachjmc...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Conditions at Lyman Woods
I was at Lyman Woods 10 days ago and it was fairly dry. Meaning the Wood Duck pond has been completely dried up for quite awhile, and the main marsh was so low that there were 17 Great Egrets hanging out right in the middle of the marsh. Tonight, the marsh is completely dried up, with a touch of mud in the middle, and smelly dead fish everywhere. The good new is, the trails that are always muddy are no longer muddy. The bad news is, we desperately need rain to re-fill the marsh. The only birds handing out in the marsh were a handful of Kildeer and Robins. Even the Great Blue Heron was up in a tree, away from the stinky fish. On a good note, saw my FOS Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, thanks to a tip from Linda P. Doing my rain dance tonight....

Joan Campbell
Downers Grove, DuPage County

Join us on Facebook!