Date: 9/30/17 7:04 pm
From: Bob & Bonnie Buxton <bbxt...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Re: a bird--leaf bathing
We were extremely fortunate to come across a Connecticut Warbler bathing
in the leaves of a low bush or tree along the Hellcat Trail not far from
the old blind many years ago, I believe it was September of 2001. Phil
Brown got a photo of it after the bath as it perched in a birch(?) tree
with its wet feathers, but I don't know if he got any photos of the
actual bath. I remember Bill Drummond was there too, whispering to me
over my shoulder as we watched in awe as it bathed.. that this was a
"once in a lifetime moment", and he was certainly right! I think Steve
and Jane Mirick may have been there too if I remember correctly. I
believe they were on a walk led by Bill, so there is a chance that
others saw the bird as well. Quite an experience!

Good birding to all,

Bonnie & Bob Buxton
Merrimac, MA
bbxt(AT)comcast.net