Date: 9/30/17 6:52 pm
From: Bonnie Comegys <blcomegys...>
Subject: [obol] Re: mystery call, Cape Lookout State Park
thanks, just listened to some recordings of Great Horned Owl juveniles,
sounds like that's what they are, now I recall heard one a couple years
back but not so frequently through the night! scanned the trees with my
weak flashlight, but could not see the caller.

Bonnie

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 6:44 PM, Barbara Millikan <
<barbara.millikan...> wrote:

> Young great horned owl. maybe? I have heard them make that noise before
> fully grown.

> www.avg.com
> <#m_-27548558612797207_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>
> On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 6:36 PM, Bonnie Comegys <blcomegys...>
> wrote:
>
>> for the last two nights, while camped at Cape Lookout State Park, heard
>> intermittently through the night (before the rain) a mystery caller in the
>> trees above campsite, sometimes was calling at about 10 second intervals.
>> think is likely a bird? suppose could be something else, but what, any
>> ideas? first night seemed to be one vocalizer, then last night sounded like
>> at least two, started just after got dark, so recorded a few audio/videos
>> with the last of battery power. the bright light in some videos is the
>> first quarter moon behind trees, and there is background ocean waves and
>> some camping neighbor sounds.
>>
>> also there were hundreds of Brown Pelicans this past week at Cape
>> Disappointment and Cape Lookout, was extraordinarily warm midweek at the
>> coast.
>>
>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/wr4CrNSWshIz4T7F2
>>
>> Bonnie Comegys
>> blcomegys AT gmail.com